Monday, April 23, 2012

Belle Haven Birthday Party

I love what I do!  Seriously, I love being a designer!  But, I especially love it when I can help a friend with a special event.  So when one of our very dear friends called and asked if I would help decorate the table and room for a private birthday dinner party for his wife at our beach club I jumped at the chance to be involved.  If you follow my blog you then know that I adore table settings!  In fact one of my favorite parts of every holiday is setting the table for our family.


This occasion called for a beachy yet Bohemian vibe and we gave it just that.


Secrets to a Beachy/Bohemian look:


Lots of blue and white pottery
Baskets everywhere
Coral and seashells
Wicker hurricanes, wicker chargers and napkin rings
Lots of white hydrangeas
Dishes for candy.  See's Bridge Mix
Indian textiles for the table cloths
And if you are lucky, the birthday girl happens to be an amazing baker and she provides homemade monogrammed cookies for place cards.  

It was all fabulous!  Below are some pictures we snapped as we worked.

One of the best views of the Long Island Sound!
See's Bridge Mix... of course!
Mia, my trusted and talented junior designer, was there to help set up.
























1 comment:

  1. Oh a girl after my own heart!! I love all the blue and white in a dining space.. very refreshing..and inviting! Lovely job!

    ReplyDelete

Pinterest!

Follow Me on Pinterest
Related Posts with Thumbnails