Sunday, January 23, 2011

A day to appreciate my Asiatic Pheasant collection


It's frigid cold in Greenwich this Sunday, so we're in "coz mode" with fires roaring the fireplaces, daughters making cupcakes, husband watching football and me appreciating my collection of Asiatic Pheasant blue and white transfer ware.


Asiatic Pheasants was the most popular dinnerware pattern of the Victorian era; its principal production and popularity virtually coinciding with the reign of Queen Victoria (1837-1901) and such is its enduring charm that it is still produced in Staffordshire today.


Mixed with traditional and contemporary furnishings they tie together a timeless design.  Besides being beautiful they are useful in entertaining as well.  I have a place setting for 25 for parties and love to use my antique serving pieces as candy dishes or simply used for a cheese plate.  What I really love are the pitchers.  You can't imagine how gorgeous hydrangeas look in a large blue and white pitcher.  

My breakfast nook.  
Asiatic Pheasant platters surrounded by a beautiful still life in oil.  The ribbons were found at a Nantucket antique store and the wallpaper is a check pattern grass cloth by Schumacher.



My living room mantle
Asiatic Pheasant covered dish below a hand carved 200 year old Federal mirror



This large pitcher is ALWAYS filled with hydrangeas.  
I love the afternoon light in my living room in the Winter.  




Footed platters are special and rare.  



Sorry I haven't been posting much lately.  Thornton Designs has been so busy with new and exciting projects and trying to finish up our new office.  Will keep you posted on the progress.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pinterest!

Follow Me on Pinterest
Related Posts with Thumbnails